Mental Health America (MHA)
- Free Mental Health Screening
- Website: https://screening.mhanational.org/screening-tools/
- Get Help Resources: https://screening.mhanational.org/get-help/ Excellent resources available through MHA. Simply type in your zip code in the search bar to find resources in your area.
Veteran Crisis Line
- Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
- Text to Talk 838255
VA Women’s Help Line
- Women Veterans Call Center 1-855-VA-WOMEN (829-6636)
The Battle Within
- Website: https://www.thebattlewithin.org/
- Frontline Therapy Network: https://www.thebattlewithin.org/frontline-therapy-network First Responders, Medical Personnel, and Veterans the mental and emotional support they needed while protecting their communities in the midst of the crisis.
- Provides: Up to six (6) free sessions of therapy/teletherapy, matched with a provider who has been vetted to serve Frontline Warriors, barrier-free access to care, fully confidential, and scheduling options to accommodate crisis schedules.
The President’s Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End a National Tragedy of Suicide (PREVENTS)
- Website: https://www.va.gov/prevents/
- Executive Order 13861: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/03/08/2019-04437/national-roadmap-to-empower-veterans-and-end-suicide The United States must develop a comprehensive national public health roadmap for preventing suicide among our Nation’s veterans, with the aspiration of ending veteran suicide once and for all. This roadmap must be holistic and encompass the overall health and well-being of our Nation’s veterans.
- Resources: https://www.va.gov/PREVENTS/resources.asp