An Introduction to the Intervention System for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Grounding Innovations is looking for individuals with PTSD to test the Android application and submit feedback. We will be testing this on iOS at a later time but for now it will only be available on Android devices.
Individuals must have 5 or more of the following symptoms as per the DSM-5 criteria for posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder.
- Intrusive thoughts
- Feeling Like you are Reliving the Event
- On Alert / Jumpy / Easily Startled
- Nightmares / Night terrors
- Avoidant Behavior (people, places and things)
- Avoid Thoughts about the Stressful or Traumatic Event
- Loss of Memories
- Negative Beliefs about the Present and Future
- Difficulty Focusing or Staying Focused
- Feeling Distant, Disconnected, or Separated (separation from friends, family and loved ones)
- Reduced Interest in Activities (i.e., doing things you enjoy)
- Anger and Irritability